- Always get an in-house quote. Phone estimates are rarely accurate and are illegal when moving across state lines.
- Always ask your mover for their D.O.T. #. This proves they are a licensed moving company.
- Always ask if the mover sub-contracts jobs to another mover. You should only trust movers that are affiliated with a national van line. Make sure the company is “an agent for” a van line like Stevens Worldwide Van Lines.
- Review your moving quote(s) is detail. Be sure you understand all the charges.
- Never get a quote from an “INTERNET MOVER”. Make sure you are speaking with the actual mover and not a lead-generation sales company.
- Lead-generation companies sell each lead that they get from their Internet site to 8-10 different moving companies so be careful with your selection.
- Always ask for 5 references from the mover’s past customers in your area.
- Always request a binding, or “not-to-exceed a certain dollar amount” estimate or quote.
- Always ask how long the moving company has been in business.
- Make sure the company is a member of the American Movers Association
- Check your movers rating at www.protectyourmove.gov.
At Stevens Worldwide Van Lines we believe the more you know about moving, the better decision you will make. We are a family-owned company that has been moving families just like yours for over 105 years. How may we help you?
For and in-home appointment please the quote box above on the right or use our live chat feature on the left side of the website for any questions you may have.