At Stevens Worldwide Van Lines, we understand all that is involved in moving. Whether it’s with packing, finding a local mover, coordinating long distance move or any other part of the moving experience, we know how to get the job done right. When moving day arrives, you don’t want to have to worry about boxes, storage or how you will get your items moved out of your home in time. That’s why we’re here to offer all of the tips, cost saving tricks and advice needed to help with your move.
These helpful moving tips and cost saving tricks are tried and tested to ensure that they help make your move a seamless process!
As your mover of choice, Stevens Worldwide Van Lines has a full library of resources available to you. These helpful moving tips and cost saving tricks are tried and tested to ensure that they help make your move a seamless process! Please feel free to take advantage of the various moving tips pages we have made available, including our:
In more than 110 years as a professional moving company, we’ve gained the type of experience you’d expect from one of the nation’s leading moving companies.
We know that moves take on all shapes and sizes, that’s why we dedicate ourselves to Total Customer Satisfaction™. In more than 110 years as a professional moving company, we’ve gained the type of experience you’d expect from one of the nation’s leading moving companies. Because of all that experience, we’ve developed many tips and cost saving tricks for enjoying a stress-free move. Here are just some of the things that we’ve learned in our time as moving experts:
- Make sure you have a home inspection completed as soon as possible. Doing so can reveal needed repairs that you may not have known about otherwise.
- Moving into a new home involves more than just packing your belongings and loading up the moving truck. You need to establish new local connections, set up new accounts or transfer old ones and notify the necessary agencies of your new address.
- Hazardous items, such as flammable gasses or corrosive chemicals, that pose a potential threat to the health and safety of our movers and should not be packed in with your belongings. Items such as these should be packed individually and with care and transported separately.
- Many people find it useful to declutter before they move into a new home. Moving is a great opportunity to take an inventory of what’s in your home and get things more organized.
- Start packing out-of-season items such as winter clothes if you’re moving in the summer. Next, pack things used infrequently such as holiday decorations. Lastly, pack your essential items as close to moving day as you can.
- If it’s planned right, a move to a new home can be an exciting experience for kids. Start by making them feel included in the house hunting process by taking them to open houses. Next, let them draw out plans for their new room when you have picked out a home. Doing so will make a big transition easy and exciting.
- Try and get a friend or family member to agree to watch any pets you may own on moving day. This way you’ll be able to move more quickly and have more time in your new home.
- We recommend you pack a post-move, first night kit full of the essential items that you and your family cannot live without. This kit should include a box of toiletries, medicine and other essentials and a duffel bag of outfits for work or school for each of your family members.
- Don’t just toss all of your shoes into the bottom of a box and say that their packed. If you can, use your original shoe boxes and wrap your individual shoes in tissue paper to keep them looking nice.
- After you’ve unpacked and had a bit of time to relax, make a checklist of any major home improvement projects that need to be completed. This is a perfect opportunity to make your new home your own.
At Stevens Worldwide Van Lines, we know what it takes to move your belongings with care and efficiency. Our dedicated moving crew will transport your items without loss or damage. Need someone to come help you pack, move or find storage space? We offer all of those optional services as well. Make the most of your move, click here to learn what to expect when moving with Stevens!