When moving with children, knowing the quality of the schools near your new home is very important. Even before the toys are packed and the posters are taken down from the walls, knowing which school your children will attend is a big decision to make.
We’ve compiled a list of questions that you should have answered to make the most informed decision- especially if you have many options from which to choose.
1. How far are the schools from your new home?
2. How does the school rank (both locally and in the state)?
3. What is the student to teacher ratio?
4. What is the quality of the schools’ lunches?
5. What are the qualifications of the staff?
6. What is the curriculum like?
7. What extracurricular activities, if any, are offered?
8. Does the school participate in field trips?
9. How safe is the school?
10. How well is the school funded and equipped?
11. Are there modified education opportunities for advanced or special needs student?
12. At the high school level, how does the school rank nationally?
13. Is there a parent involvement group such as the PTA?
14. Is quality child care available before or after school?
15. How much of a lunch break is provided, and how much outdoor time is given to the students each day?
Answering these questions will help narrow your search and decide on the best option for your children. It will be one less stress point to worry about when moving.
We hope your found our list of questions helpful! If you're looking for the right mover to help you move your family, or if you have any questions about moving, be sure to check out our Find an Agent
page as well as our moving tips