Stevens Worldwide Van Lines fosters a culture that is innovative and forward thinking. This has led to the implementation of several sustainable and green initiatives with the goal of reducing the impact on the environment and increasing the efficiency of the operation.
Stevens is working to further a sustainable culture and is in the process of establishing a formalized sustainability plan. This will enable us to identify those social, environmental and financial aspects that are most material to Stevens. Once identified, we can take further measures to reduce our impact on the environment.
Stevens Worldwide has implemented the following sustainability or green initiatives:
- Reduction of solid waste:
- Paperless processes for the following activities:
- Claims Processing
- Shipment Management System
- Electric On Board Recording (EOBRs) devices in 150 vehicles. This saves approximately 55,000 paper log document sheets per year.
- Recycling office paper in all offices.
- Sorting reusable and recyclable materials from customer waste and decommissioning projects.
- Utilizing plastic office move crates whenever possible on Office and Industrial Relocations.
- Repurposing hotel furniture, fixtures and carpet to avoid dumping into landfills by working with professional liquidators all across the nation.
- Reducing the use of cardboard and plastic company-wide by using our Stevens Home Protection Kit™, which includes reusable blue floor runners and doorway pad protection.
- Reusing and repurposing old office furniture and filing cabinets as a result of the renovation to the corporate headquarters.
- EPA SmartWay Transport Partnership designation
- In 2014, Stevens received the 2014 SmartWay Excellence Award.
- Stevens Worldwide Van Lines headquarters office completed an office renovation to reduce energy and water use.
- Stevens Worldwide Van Lines has been investing to reduce air pollution since 2007.